June 27, 2009

How To: Brow Chart(s)

Here is a quick reference guide about brows. It briefly breaks down the same info I shared with you in my brow tutorials (part I & part II). I'll also suggest products that you can use.


ARCHING

I prefer to tweeze my brows. You may want to wax them or even thread them. Regardless of which method you use there are 3 points that you need to consider when arching and, if you choose to, shaping your brows.

1. First determine where you brows should start. I like to use the indentations above my nostrils as my guide. Take the handle of a makeup brush and hold it vertically at that indentation. This is the brow should start. 2. Now, pivot the handle so that it crosses the center of your iris. This will mark the highest point of your arch. 3. Finally, move the brush to the outside of your nose. Again, pivot the handle so that it crosses the outer corner of your eye. This will show you where your brows should end.

Product Recommendations:
Revlon Expert Tweezer, Slant Tip $6.99
available at Ulta, Walgreens, Target locations & most places Revlon is sold


FILLING

Whether you choose to fill in your brows to better match your hair color, to make them appear thicker and/or fuller, or you have very sparse hair and have to create brows where none exist, this step works wonders. An angled brow brush works best for this. Take it and either a brow powder or eyeshadow (pick a shade that either matches the brow or is 1-2 shades lighter for dark hair and 1-2 shades darker for light hair) and begin to fill in where the brow is sparse or throughout the entire brow.

Product Recommendations:
Brush: MAC #266 Small Angle Brush $19.50
available at www.maccosmetics.com, MAC cosmetic counters or MAC Freestanding stores

EcoTools BAMBOO Angled Eyeliner Brush $4.99*
available at Ulta and Walgreens locations

Brow Powder/Eyeshadow:
Smashbox Brow Tech $24.00*
available at www.smashbox.com, Ulta locations, Smashbox cosmetic counters
MAC Eyeshadow $14.50
available at www.maccosmetics.com, MAC cosmetic counters or MAC Freestanding stores


SHAPING

You can certainly stop at filling your brows. However, I like to go in and clean up the shape of the brow. This creates clean edges. It can also change the shape of the brow or the angle of the arch, which is helpful if you are not happy with the way your brow has been arched or decide you want to change the shape of your brow without re- arching. Simply, use a brow pencil to draw a line following the shape of your brow along the top and bottom, connecting the two at the start of the brow. Make sure to use a brush to blend out the pencil

Product Recommendations:

Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil $22
available at www.sephora.com, Sephora locations, www.anastasia.net

CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers Pencil $1.99*
available at Walgreens locations, Target locations & most places CoverGirl is sold


DEFINING

This is the a completely optional step. It's not something that I do everyday. When I want a really clean brow or my brows are growing out I will use this trick. Apply a concealer (2-3 shades lighter than your foundation) around the perimeter of the brow and blend it out. I like to use an angled eyeliner or brow brush. The best concealer for this a full coverage concealer. I also like to use one that is waterproof and stays put so that if I start to sweat it won't melt off.

Product Recommendations:

MAC Studio Finish Concealer $15.50*
available at www.maccosmetics.com, MAC cosmetic counters or MAC Freestanding stores

*Products that I prefer

4 comments:

did not know you started a blog!!!

Yes, ma'am. About a month ago. Slowly updating it and getting it going. :)

ive been lookin for ways to arch my eyebrows and yours byfar has been the most detailed that i have seen as well as very helpful. THANK YOU.

Jerrika, I'm glad that it helped. You are more than welcome. I wanted to be detailed so that people really got it. I actually could have included more. I think I'll do another post to further explain angled brows versus more curved brows and how to determine which you should have....but that's a bit down the line. :)

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More