October 11, 2009

The Artist Summit - Chicago

I have sooooooo much to share with you guys. I am back from day 2 of the Artist Summit and I am exhausted. One more day and it will be done and hopefully I can really sit down and transcribe all my notes for you. I got a chance to talk to Katie Pellegrino, makeup artist for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics about the brand, how it started, and the origin of their interesting product names. I spoke with MAC Senior Artist Romero Jennings about his approach to artistry and his makeup forecast for the upcoming season. A group of us got a guided tour from James Vincent & Felicia Walker Benson of the Powder Group as they introduced the vendors at the show and shared some of their favorite products. I sat in a panel discussion with Felicia, Lianne Farbes of The Makeup Girl, and Christina Farrell of The Makeup Blogger as they discussed blogging and the beauty industry. There is so much more but just to give you some idea I have a few pictures for you. Enjoy!






7 comments:

i cannot wait to read more!!! next year, it's on!!

Romero Jennings is the best, I love him. I took his bridal class at MAC Pro, amazing.

Yummy411 - I really have so much for you guys it's crazy. My camera started dying today so I couldn't record all the video I wanted but I got about 10 minutes of Johnny Lavoy doing hair at his seminar. But I managed to get pictures of esome of the things I couldn't record. I wanted to take a lot more, though.

Tysh - He IS the best. SO nice. I was so impressed and so enthused to meet him.

I have been to so many events this year that i have enjoyed but this is by far at the top of the list for so many reasons.

I am trying to get all of my thoughts together to put together a post that is worthy of the event..

BTW - Once again, it was great meeting you!

New York Makeup Show 2010 here we come!

Goody (LOL...I was like who????) This was so fantastic, you are so right. There is so much to reflect on and absorb. It was great meeting you as well. It's too bad that you missed the last day. I think you would have loved Johnny Lavoy's hair seminar and Sarah Lucero's Stila Runway seminar (I was ear hustling since I was next door). LOL. NYC 2010! We're coming!

Being at these shows makes you feel like your in makeup heaven, I went to the Makeup Show in 2008 for the first time, and told myself that I would never miss another, so I can't wait for 2010, my 3rd year. I hope I get to meet you guys. YIPPIE!!!!..
P.S. It can't come fast enough, LOL.....

Tysh, They're great, aren't they? I'd love to meet you! I am sooo looking forward to The Makeup Show. It will be my first time. It will be here before we know it.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More