January 30, 2010

Because I Love It: Monica Edition

PhotobucketWhere do I start with Ms. Monica Arnold? I was a fan back when it "was just one of them days". Monica was a 90s teen r&b singer. Very cute, an amazing voice & really good music. But the first time I noticed her style was in the video "The Boy is Mine" featuring both she and Brandy. She wore a paper-thin, long sleeve fitted black top with a floor length pencil skirt. The skirt was split up to her mid thigh and made her legs look a mile long. The entire look was complimented by a silky long bob. Hot!

That was 1998. Cut to 2008. Monica had been through a lot both personally and professionally at by then. She was starting to re-emerge and make her impact on music again. But, what I couldn' t get over was how amazing she looked. She just had her second child and looked FANTASTIC! Flawless really. I loved her style. She's a little hood chic, if you will, but totally fly! I don't think I could ever rock her hair, clothes, or accessorize the way that she does but I'd love to spend the day getting a makeover from her glam squad. She's always on point whenever I see her and I am just continually amazed. She's an amazing talent that never really got her deserved credit. She is one of my personal style icons and that is why I love Monica.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More