January 24, 2010

2010 Beauty Resolutions...but not really because these are things I'm really going to do

I'm not one for resolutions. I think the idea is great - in theory. But, I know myself. I won't keep my resolutions if I remember them to begin with. Then there is the guilt of abandoning a promise or conviction you held so dearly. Bah humbug. I can't be bothered. but as I browse other beauty blogs I keep seeing posts about beauty resolutions and it made me think about things I know I need to start doing. Not, resolutions, per se, more "thingsIknowIneedtogetoffmy@$$andstartdoingbutI'vebeenprocratinating."

The first thing on my list is WASHING MY MAKEUP BRUSHES REGULARLY.
I know how important this is not only for the health of the brushes but for the health of your face. I used to be so much better about it but in the past few months I have become insanely lazy. What the what?!?!

I need to start washing my face 2x a day, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed.

I need to look into getting a peel or microderm. My pores are reeeeeeally beginning to get to me. The just seemed to get bigger out of nowhere. I need to see what I can do about it beyond home exfoliations and masks.

I need to take MUCH better care of my hair. I have never been one for caring for my hair. It's like I'm inept. Makeup, I can do. Hair, not so much.

Same thing with my nails, except I have a bit more expertise there...and it's easier. I don't use gloves when I wash the dishes and my hands and nails are definitely showing it. I don't want wrinkled hands and brittle nails and I'm not even 30 yet. No bueno.

So, that is certainly enough to keep me busy with change. What about you?

2 comments:

Girl I am with you on cleaning my brushes, I think I will get to washing them this weekend to, I am ashamed to say how long I didn't clean them, SHAME ON ME!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More