August 26, 2010

Essence 40th Anniversary Issue

A couple of weeks ago, Sam Fine posted a link on Twitter to a video showing the behind the scenes footage of the 40th anniversary cover shoot of Essence magazine. It features Iman, Naomi Campbell and Liya Kebede. Sam was Iman's makeup artist for the shoot.

Three generations of Black beauty. Three of the most successful Black supermodels. I'm awed. When you see the three of them together you can see the power of Black beauty. You also see why they are and were at the top of their profession. Gorgeous!

I always love behind the scenes footage. I am the person that is always curious about the things we don't see. I also love to see artists at work - whether it's the photographer, hair stylist, makeup artist or wardrobe stylist. Speaking of which, look forward to my own BTS post of a shoot I recently attended.






1 comments:

Oh I just bought this issue today after seeing them on the cover. They are all phenomenally gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the video :)

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More