September 11, 2010

My Secret to Clear Skin


I have found my cleansing HG (Holy Grail). I am always in search of the best cleanser, moisturizer, mask, etc. It's hard to find that one product that you can count on and go back to time and time again.


I have tried dozens of cleansers. Some of them were drugstore, some department store and some specialty store but few really WOWed me. I have pretty good skin but I have gone through periods where it seemed to be permanately broken out, specifically my forehead. I was so frustrated and more than desperate for anything I thought would help. Thankfully, I seem to have come out of that phase but I was still unhappy with the overall condition of my skin.

I was in CVS one day and noticed that the Boots skincare was on clearance. The line had been marked down to $3 and $4 an item so I couldn't NOT try it. Plus, I liked that it was made with botanicals so I felt it would be good for my skin. I picked up the Complexion Refining Deep Clean Mousse, a mask and a moisturizer. [NOTE: I have since seen the line at Target but the products seem to be reformulated and in new packaging.]



I was using a complexion brush by Face Secrets which I found at Sally Beauty Supply for around $2. It's a nylon brush that I use to work my cleanser into the skin. I was also using a Neutrogena cleanser at the time and it seemed to work pretty well. Well, when I ran out of my Neutrogena, I decided to try the Boots cleanser. Game changing moment! The combination of the the cleanser and the brush REALLY improved my skin. I remember just staring at my skin in the mirror. It felt so clean and smooth and it looked so even and clear. I was so excited. This dynamic duo has been fighting to keep my skin looking virtually flawless.


My breakouts are much less frequent and I can honestly say that I am happier with my skin than I have been in a long time. My ultimate goal is to even out my complexion so that I really don't need foundation at all. I think I'm well on my way. :D

5 comments:

girl your skin looks fabulous and I always thought that it did.

i see the boots products all the time when i am in target but never really give them much thought.

although i am happy for my rx for brown skin products, maybe i will check them out.

Amina & Goody - Thanks you guys!

I need to try this. My skin has gone crazy. It's calming down... just not fast enough for me. Great post.

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Autoclave accessories and Autoclave bags. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Advance-esthetic.us websites.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More